²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

Kor-Eng
¡¤Yunsun¡¯s Hudson Diary¡¯ (17)
¡¤±×¸°Ä¡ÀÇ »çÀ̵å¿÷ (16)
¡¤À⵿̱ÀÇ Ú¸±³Á÷Àλý½ºÅ丮 (7)
¡¤ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΠ(123)
¡¤ÇϺñ´ÏÀÇ Howdoin (3)
ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀÎ
Going beyond the ethnic background while retaining our core value is the ideal for any and every American. Nowadays, each one of us belongs on the world stage. It's up to each one of us how far we can go on that stage. It is a long, and demanding journey, at the same time, interesting, wonderful, rewarding task. This writing is a part of that task. - Dr. Myong D. Lee

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 123°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ¼öÁ¤ »èÁ¦ ±Û¾²±â

Respecting the Word, Respect

±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌ¸íµ¿ ³¯Â¥ : 2012-09-23 (ÀÏ) 07:03:07

It is a word I keep discovering again and again.

I found the word on the front page of the New York Times, 9/17/12, "Embassy Attackers Say the Issue Is Respect."

Very popular word it is this respect. Everybody wants it with good reason. Some, like a few in the Muslim world, want it loudly. Some demand it without, they think, loudness. But, most of the time, it is loud enough not to hear it. It is personal, regional, and geo-political. It is even historical.

Why? Why this obsession with respect?

One of the eye-opening realization I had was that everybody wants respect! I discovered respect! Even though I deny vehemently, I realized even I wanted respect. Why and from whom or what I'm not so sure but I realized I wanted it, not only that, later, I realized everybody desired it. Since I wanted it I couldn't deny it of anybody else.

The funny thing is, though, I felt much better when I began to pay respect to everybody I meet, well, honestly, when I tried to pay respect to everybody. It is, again, much easier said than done.

What I find is that I have to break through the thick status quo, as thick as a steel plate, to have true respect for everybody. For a man with my background, it is a tough task without fully realizing it. The only consolation is that it is not just me, it is everywhere, everywhere in the world.

¡ã Àü±¹Ãѱâ±Ç¸®Çùȸ(NAGR)ÀÇ Ç³ÀÚ±¤°í

There were times when I thought it is my duty to call President Obama, Barak, and Secretary Clinton, Hillary, but, now, I'm willing to call everybody with honorifics. Well jokes aside, the point is it is important to empathize with other people's point of view. You see, they all have their stories.

Life is messy. It is O.K. to have some confusing narratives. And then, I keep finding the word respect again and again.

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ¼öÁ¤ »èÁ¦ ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.